Pembroke Regional Hospital, an employer of choice in the Upper Ottawa Valley, is currently seeking a Physiotherapist to work in the Rehabilitation department. This position is offered on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
Physiotherapists practise as members of a multi-disciplinary team in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Public Hospitals Act, and the Standards set by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values, and policies and procedures, Physiotherapists provide professional care to patients.
- Current certificate of competence as a Registered Physiotherapist with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Demonstrated effective problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic computer skills
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative care model with all members of the health care team
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario standards of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education activities supporting ongoing professional learning in physiotherapy
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is an asset
Rate of Pay: As per collective agreement
Qualified candidates are required to apply online through the following link:
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged. An equal opportunity employer/Visit our Website at: www.pembrokeregionalhospital.ca.
Located approximately 150 kilometers west of Ottawa, the Pembroke Regional Hospital delivers a broad range of acute, post-acute, outpatient and diagnostic services to a mixed urban and rural population of approximately 55,000 residents in the City of Pembroke, the Town of Petawawa, and surrounding municipalities. With the dedicated support of 750 staff members, an engaged physician community and hundreds of active volunteers, the Pembroke Regional Hospital provides acute services in emergency and intensive care, medical/surgical care, acute mental health, orthopaedics and obstetrics. The Hospital has a full range of rehabilitation services, acts as the District Stroke Centre for our region, and provides community-based mental health services throughout Renfrew County. Chemotherapy, dialysis and a variety of ambulatory care clinics are offered on an outpatient basis through partnerships with regional centres and nearby specialists. The Hospital offers a full range of diagnostic services including computed tomography, nuclear medicine, mammography and magnetic resonance imaging.
Living and working in the Renfrew County means safe, friendly communities, an abundance of recreational facilities and green space, short commutes, and quality education and health care facilities. For more information on living in Pembroke or Renfrew County visit www.countyofrenfrew.on.ca or www.pembrokeontario.com.