Maternity Leave Contract, Starting June 2018
Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) is seeking an Occupational Therapist to work in a collaborative interprofessional team in Cobourg. The successful candidate will provide occupational therapy services to a wide variety of patients within the NFHT with a particular focus on geriatrics through our Seniors Assessment and Primary Care Memory Clinic programs. The successful candidate will be well organized with excellent clinical/critical thinking skills and able to work both independently and within a team environment. This position comes with paid vacation and an opportunity to enroll in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
NFHT is a non-profit, primary health care organization providing over 26,000 patients with timely access to a comprehensive range of services and programs aimed at managing and preventing disease and improving health status. The inter-professional team includes family physicians and professional staff, including nurses and nurse practitioners, occupational and physical therapists, dietitians, social workers, pharmacist, chiropodist and respiratory therapist, who work together to provide person-centred, effective, collaborative and integrated care.
For more information about our organization, please visit www.nfht.ca.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy and registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO) and professional liability insurance
• Previous experience in a primary care setting and/or geriatrics/dementia/comprehensive geriatric assessment is an asset
• Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
• Basic CPR certification
• Current Ontario Drivers’ License.
• Excellent oral, written skills and report writing in a clinical setting
• Proficiency in the use of computers and electronic medical record systems
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume to Adrienne Bell-Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NFHT is committed to an inclusive and accessible work environment and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). NFHT requests that job applicants requiring accommodation inform them so that suitable arrangements can be prepared to take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.